COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
PERSONAL DATA THAT UP MAY COLLECT
When you transact with UP, we may collect a variety of your Personal Data, which may include your:
- Registration identity card number or passport number;
- Race and religious beliefs;
- Postal address;
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Medical information;
- Salary range; and
- Contact preference.
The list of personal data stated above is not exhaustive and may include other personal data depending on the nature of dealings or transaction.
HOW UP USES YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data that UP collects allows us to process the necessary transaction in relation to the relevant matter. Your Personal Data that UP collects allows us to keep you posted on UP’s latest announcements and upcoming events. It also helps UP to improve on its products and services. From time to time, UP may use your Personal Data to send important notices, emails, letters or sms, like communications about purchases and changes to UP’s terms, conditions, and policies. UP may also use your Personal Data for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve UP’s services and communications. UP may also share your Personal Data with in good faith:
- to comply with the requirements of the government or local authorities, law enforcement agencies or any other authorities including regulatory and securities authorities to whom UP is subject to or have reporting obligations or to whom we are required to provide your Personal Data;
- to comply with any orders of any court of competent jurisdiction;
- as is necessary or relevant in relation to any legal process or proceedings;
- if required or authorised by law or where such disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or queries from relevant authorities; and
- as is necessary for purpose of preventing or detecting or investigating an actual or potential crime or suspicious transaction or breach of securities.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
UP takes the necessary precautions, both administrative and technical to safeguard your Personal Data against loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, usage, alteration or destruction, in line with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, and all other relevant legislation.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA AND ACCESS